The way I have worked for this brief has been a little strange since i am only now focussing on the packaging design. I got very excited about the card designs and how the imagery could look a cross a range and therefore have now ended up creating the packaging design last. Although the main imagery for this brief has been the card design, which is the concept I chose to get the far eastern heritage across. therefore this way of working has been beneficial, and now I have the imagery I need to use on the packaging design which makes it a lot easier for me to make it all look like a set.

I still want to stick to making a wrap for the bottle design, but I will need imagery to be placed on the wrap. I think printing on tissue could be quite difficult, especially in the ways that I researched therefore I have decided to design a label which will be placed across the wrapping, which will also hold it all together. i really like this first design, its really strong and keeps to the far eastern style including both the scripture style of working as well as the sum-e imagery. Although I will need to experiment more since i think it would be wrong to pick the first design i created.


I do quite like this style of layout as well, but the imagery (first design) works better in keeping the far eastern style. Although I feel like this design is stronger because Its simpler and neater.
Again this layout works really nicely, I like the simpler versions more, especially since the sake bottle I looked at have quite simple designs as well, which are really strong. this design could look really good, I could print the wrap that I want to include around the bottle with the background design and have a really simple label placed on it. This could work really nicely as a set.

I tried different patterns for the wrap that I have decided to create. this could potentially be used to create different seasons. summer, autumn, winter spring. Making the colour choices suit the months. And have the tiger beer packaging change every four months.

I played around a little with the colours of the label. The orange outline seems to be working the best.






No comments:
Post a Comment