Friday, 22 April 2011

Sweet Jar packaging

I decided to use ha hexagonal shaped jar, it has a more interesting shape. I created the template I wanted to create for the jar packaging. i am going to try my best to stick to this one template to make the design process easier sticking to my decisions rather than second guessing myself all the time.

I wanted to include imagery in this packaging design as well so I decided to make a wrap around strip which would hold the images and display the flavour of the compote a lot better.




I prefer the strip in the lighter yellow. Since the darker yellow is a little too close to orange which could confuse people since the imagery for the lemon could easily be mistaken for an orange. I also think there is no need for the logo to be placed on both the lid and the front.

i decided to use the same design element as i did on the bag packaging and display the title in a door mat style design. Which works well with the square shape of the template. the logo seems to be getting a little lost on the lid so I will need to outlin it with a block cover. the imagery is making it look a little messy.
not so sure about the square design on the lid here. but I changed the title so that it wasn't outlined as a matt to much which looks a lot neater and works better with this packaging design since the background is filled.
Attempting to change the imagery colour, i think the white works better than both of these attempts (above an below)

changed the square to a circle with works a lot better, and helps the logo stand out which was the intention of it in the first place.
incorporated a description of the product and some more imagery on the bottom sionce the bottom was looking a little empty, this just helped wrap it up a lot better so it isn't too top heavy with imagery





prefer the darker colour suits the blueberry flavour better.

Made a little cjhange to the colour of the green to make it work better.

I seem to have a necessity to change the logo so it matches the colour. these are my final designs but I will change the logo back to its original colour since this is something which was mentioned in the crit even though I prefer the look of it when the logo colour is changed i don't think it works with the brief and it could confuse people. i am quite happy with this design, it includes the no tamper seal and has an interesting design shape which is quite different from other jar designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment