I decided to place the symbols in the same way as I used on the back of my card designs, this keeps the japanese influence in the calendar design focussing on the scripture, with the sum-e style drawings. I really like this concept and think it works really well. Although I am not too happy with how the dates have been placed in a random square at the bottom, I would like to bring this into the imagery a little better.
i tried to incorporate more imagery from the card and beer design, so I included the beer label shape. Although this looks better than the previous design. I still think it doesn't work with thte imagery the way that I would like it to, its still too bold an distracting.
This looks a lot better, the blue writing stands out enough for you to see the dates but also prevents it from distracting too much from the image. I am really happy with this and think this is the design I will run across the calendar.
I noticed I had forgotten to put the month and year on the page. I struggled quite a bit on where to place it because I was so happy with the design I did previously. But I finally found that it works really well writing it down the page with the symbols. Which makes the scripture style of the japanese even more prominent in the design. So I am pretty pleased with how well this worked out.










I ran the designs across the set, and just as I am looking back on it now I think i have chosen the wrong layout for the calendar. I think these designs would look a lot better on a wall hanging. I was researching some japanese scripture style images and noticed they use long pieces of parchment rather than square ones. Which means the wall hanging calendar would look a lot better and work with the far eastern heritage which I am trying to put across in my designs. Shame that I didn't notice this before, wasted quite a bit of time sorting the layout for this paper size.
No comments:
Post a Comment