Friday, 22 April 2011

Beer coasters

More merchandise for the imagery to run across. Since the symbols created for the cards are quite strong I wanted to stick to using them on the coasters. I would have used the sum-e drawings as well, but since coasters have quite a bit smaller space i think its better to keep it simple rather then fussing with a lot of different images. It also creates quite a nice set of 12.

I decided to use the tiger beer logo and delete the imagery using the circular shape with the thin ring outlines. this will help make them more recognisable and sticks to a restriction which makes the design easier to produce.

the orange on grey looks a little bland, i don't particularly like the grey background here and don't think this is the direction I will be going in.
The blue on grey is a lot stronger and I am quite happy with this colour combination. Although I do feel like there needs to be a more prominent burst of orange since orange and blue are the two main colours for tiger beer. And here it looks like it is getting a little lost.
I reversed out the colours and think the grey on blue works better. To make the orange stand out more I outlined the ring with orange. I really like this design, although the grey outline looks a little bit strange here and gets a little lost.

Again the orange has gotten a little lost.
The orange looks a little too powerful. The outline is too thick and I don't like the look of it.
I tried to see if I could hide the thickness by putting the two grey outlines, but this really isn't working.
i do quite like this design, but feel like the white area of it is a little random, and may not be working that well.
The white area looks a lot better with this colour combination, but I still feel like there should be a fill there.
I prefer this design, putting a fill across the whole coaster so there are no random white spaces. And including both a grey and a orange ring. No colours are getting lost, and since the original tiger beer focusses on the blue as the background I think thats the safest choice in this case. The coasters keep to the imagery of all the other products and are quite simple and striking which I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment