Sunday, 24 April 2011

Postcard designs



For the postcards I simply took the imagery from the gift hamper design since I think they are quite strong illustrations and could be a good recognition tool for the gift shop since they display the different ingredients and tools used to make the sweets.



I played around with creating sets for the postcards. Using different colours for the same design and allowing people to pick thier favourite to purchase. Although sticking to the colours of the sweet shop logo and not veering off and including the colours used for flavours. I need to keep it all looking like a set and therefore sticking to the same colours will work a lot better.
Mixture of colours. i feel like the white background is looking a little bland with the colour chanes, since they dont stand out as a set of different designs.
Since the logo will be displayed on the back i decided to clean up the front and let the imagery speak for it self. This neatens the design and makes it look more professional.

These colours work really nicely together. the pink pops out really nicely. The background fills in looks nicer and makes the imagery stand out more. Makes the post card look less boring and as a set the differences would stand out a lot more.

Line drawing s dont stand out as much as the filled ones. If I move forward with the background fill the images need to be filled in as well to make them stand out more.


Bringing the line which i have used throughout the packaging design, to link it in even more. It isn't working on the front. The imagery needs to stand alone, its strong enough already and doesn't need added elements to distract from it since there are quite a few little drawings on a small scale.
I placed the line on the back side and think this looks a lot better. I want to keep the line in as many of the products as possible to bring it all back to the stationary design, since the stationary is kept quite simple without any imagery.


My final set of four, 3 different background colours and one whit background with filled imagery to link directly to the gift hamper.

No comments:

Post a Comment