Here are some type treatments created by Cale Leroy. These have been included to help inspire me with my own type work. How the layout can be placed, illustration style which can be incorporated into my own hand drawn type designs.
This is the piece which I think is the strongest. The way texture and pattern has been used to create shading and make the type look more interesting and appealing. the shading helps make one word jump out creating a different dimension to the piece. 
I like the use of the banner design in this piece, it has a symmetrical feel where there is a banner design in the beginning and in the end, there is also a repeat of type design next to the ribbons which is also what I think makes it work so well. The main thing that caught my eye in this design was the word 'hope' and 'diarrea' the type treatment used here is really nice and stands out from the others.
This Piece uses an interesting technique where speech marks are placed at the top and bottom, with words written inside them, bringing it all together really nicely. The speech mark also plays as a speech bubble where lips are cleverly added to it. The type designs for some words are very different, although a constant has been kept with the handwritten joined up type. I think this is a really successful design. 
No comments:
Post a Comment