Monday, 31 January 2011

James and the giant peach research 2

After working on paper I finally got a type design that I liked. All hand drawn, which is one of my focusses on the rationale. This brief though, mentions vector based design so I vectorised all the information. Since i am working with a quote I have decided to use the hand drawn type approach throughout the book cover.




I think the blue and the orange work really well together, still a little unsure about the word 'marvelous' s colour.

Not sure about this colour decision since its quite dull and I am not sure if its the write colours for a childrens book. The brighter colours displayed above work a little better.
type design throughout. the main proplem her is that i am not sure how much the title is standing out from the rest of the information. Also the auther and illustrator need to stand out more than the quote, and so far they just blend in with the quote which could cause a little confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment