this was an interesting idea, creating appeal by cutting out triangles so you can only see colours of the image on the inside. Drawing you in and making you want to open it. This could be a fun idea for a business card or a leaflet. I wouldn't know what brief i could apply this to, but if I get one which can use this idea appropriately I would like to test it out.
I like how the background has been filled with a lot of detail and the writing is left empty. it makes the writing stand out and differes from other hand drawn type designers I have looked at. The background flows over the 'o' 'h' 'a' and 'e' which helps bring it all together.

I thought this cut out style was an interesting idea to include in an illustration. Adding depth by removing material. Not sure if the background colour works with it. But it looks quite nice and the triangular cut out works with the fact that its a beard. Comparing it with the Hair drawn on his head, the beard looks a lot more interesting and grabs your attention. Otherwise this would just be a simple drawing of a mans face.
No comments:
Post a Comment