
8 1/2p Canterbury Tales
10p Type-faces
11p Game of Chess
13p Printing Press
Although I don't actually like this stamp set. i am not interested in creating an old fashioned stamp design. I think its quite interesting that there is so much detail which has been put on such a small scale. It would be interesting to see the actual prints and finding out if it is quite easy to read the type. I have been quite hesitant with this brief since I haven't been to sure on where to start and what I want to do with it. I have gone around in circles with researching, but at least this shows that the design doesn't have to be simplified down too much.

8 1/2p Housewife
10p Policeman
11p District Nurse
13p Industrialist
This is a really clever solution to stamp imagery. Focussing on stencil design, I like how depth has been created through colour. Overlapping imagery to fill the space more. The colours used are realy bold and have been chosen carefully to make the main imagery stand out more than the background imagery.

4d Radar
1s Penicillin
1s 6d Jet Engine
1s 9d Television
Invention set. Inventions was something I was interested in focussing on for this stamp design although its already been done before so I don't think I will follow down this route. I have had a lot of difficulty finding a subject to focus on. Which has disheartened me a little for this brief. I would prefer to get this sorted as quickly as possible. But I also need to make sure it is something I am interested in.

BRITISH TEXTILES
15 1/2p Strawberry Thief
19 1/2p Scarlet Tulips
26p Cherry Orchard
29p Chevrons
This is one of my favourite stamp designs so far its really different from all the others that I have seen and also includes quite a bit of detail it hasn't been simplified down too much, which I quite like. The colours chosen are really bold and make it stand out quite a bit. Although pattern design is something I attempted in my design practise and quickly lost interest in so this is not an approach I would like to take. But its nice to see how really different designs can be created.

INVENTIONS
1st Thomas Telford and bridge building
1st George Stephenson and railways
64p Alexander Graham Bell and the telephone
64p John Logie Baird and television
72p Sir Tim Berners-Lee and the World-Wide Web
72p Space Tourism
I love these illustrations, simple and childlike but create such a nice effect. Displaying a small story in small scale. It would be interesting to potentially create a little comic strip set of stamps, but they would have to work both as a set and on their own. And there would have to be a recognizable design style so when they are placed separately you can still recognize that it belongs as a set.
No comments:
Post a Comment