

Buna Bet is a new sustainable Ethiopian coffee brand which supports African Ethiopian farms. The ancient rituals of Ethiopian coffee culture have been translated into the ‘modern’ pack design.
The developed identity is a symbiosis of the European retail with an African coffee culture. With the use of bright colours and inspiring visual Ethiopian patterns, the origin and coffee rituals are brought to the consumers.
This shows how packaging can incorporate a message. This design focusses on the origin of the coffee and the coffee rituals. Although it is quite abstract and doesn't display the full meaning, its still gives you an idea of the origin. I think this works really well, and like the choice of line drawing and the little story which comes with.

The Taiwanese design consultancy Bonanza created an Asian ispired packaging design for a Chinese tea brand.
Traditional Asian patterns combined with hieroglyphical typography and bright backaground colors add this packaging individuality.
Since the packaging design is for an alcoholic beverage I decided to look at sake barrel design. I like the collage style of images produced on each barrel, and how they differ to each other. There is a range of interesting imagery which could be extracted from these designs. The simple use of imagery in the image above, works nicely. The mix of detailed image design (right of barrell) compared to the more simple designs on the left looks really nice.

to get an idea of imagery which could be used for the tiger packaging brief. I decided to look at kimono pattern design. These are the two designs which I really liked. The colours work really well. The main focus seems to be floral designs. I prefer the colour combination on the bottom pattern, but the layout of the one above, its not as cluttered and shows the floral pattern more clearly with an extra layor of pattern inside the larger flowers. Creating texture seems to be important in these fabrics. This could be an interesting visual to use.


No comments:
Post a Comment