For matilda I decided to try create a book shape, this ended up just being placed as a rectangle as well, which doesn't work since each of the books need their own logo style and making two of them squares would make the third one quite odd. I still need to think about what logo I will create for matilda. therefore i have decided to go a long and work out the colour and the quote style, while I am still considering how to make the title work.
The thrid colour combination has proven to be extra difficult, I feel like I have tried everything at the moment but nothing is working. So far the best ones are the following. But none of them are strong enough and I don't want one book cover in the set to let down the others. So i will need to step back a little and have a think about how I want to proceed with this cover.







I tried experimenting with the book layout to see how the colours would work and if they are more successful when I see them as a whole. Which I think they are. Although I think the main let down her is the type design, it isn't as strong as the others and I feel this is what is making it look wrong. Also the colour choices for the other books has rooted from the logo, peach = orange. chocolate = purple (willy wonka) I will need to apply this restriction to this cover as well if I want to try move ahead with this design.
No comments:
Post a Comment