Friday, 4 February 2011

Tiger Beer inspiration

Packaging design has the primary goal to attract customers’ attention. For this purpose, package designs can not simply inform the customers, but also provoke feelings and communicate emotions. An effective packaging looks attractive, impresses with its creativity and is just nice to have on the shelf.

I founf this beer packaging design, and thought it was a really good example of how a themed (sea) packaging design can work really well . The sympols are quite simple but because there are so many it becomes more fun and appealing. The simple colour palette works really well so as to not make the final design too cluttered, since the main idea are the iconic images of the sea. This could be an interesting idea to bring forward for my tiger beer project, eastern heritage idea could make this a little difficult though.


The far Eastern heritage has some really nice patterns and clothing designs, which i could bring into the packaging. This is a really nice concept, where the bottle wears clothes. Maybe this could be something to include as a beer holder. A kimono wrapped around the bottle.






These bottle designs are brilliant, I love how the theme has run through really nicely (cards). I particularly like the box designs It included the stock colour really well and brings the wine bottles together. I would like to create a design which runs across box design, bottle design, coasters etc.



“Package redesign emphasizing the purity and clarity of the product, designed in a minimalist style to break through the visual clutter of the beverage aisle. Hint’s original logo is reworked to mimic Asian characters and colour coded to communicate flavour at a glance.”

This is a really classic simple design, it would be interesting to try create really minimalist designs for the asian heritage. this could be quite difficult since the buildings/clothes/traditions are quite rich and detailed, but it would be an interesting challenge.
The photography old school design isn't something I want to bring forward in this project, but I thought the label hanging off the bottle neck was quite a nice idea. Since this is a limited edition packaging bottle. I could potentialy design its own little case. Although since its beer I am designing for this may be a little pointless, as people would prefer to buy them in six packs.An energy drink which plays on the far eastern heritage. Although its quite striking I don't want this to be a design I would follow, its too busy and isn't as clear from a distance what is going on. The image is obviously the main attraction of the packaging but I don't want the tiger beer logo to get lost in my design.





No comments:

Post a Comment