Monday, 21 February 2011

sweetshop initial sketches

I am struggling a bit with how to get started on this brief. I have an idea of what I would like to get out of this brief but the starting point is getting a little difficult. so I decided to get started on creating some hand drawn type, perhaps for a menu or leaflet. I think I just need to start creating some form of visual and see where I can go from there.

I researched sweets and recipes for them, and drew the different sweet names in different hand drawn type faces. I am really happy with these designs. Although my main worry is if I want to bring this across in my packaging designs it could look a little messy with all the different type styles. I also need to create a plan of exactly what I am packaging for to help me get started.




I placed all the different type faces in the same layout as I looked at earlier. I haven;t decided upon the colourS that I want to use for this brief so I just used the same ones as in the poster to see how it would work all together. I really like this even though the typefaces are so different. It gives each of the sweets character and displays how they are all made in different ways. My main worry here is if I decide to go on with a contemporary packaging style, this might not work as well, since its so busy. There is a lot going on and contemporary packaging is a lot more simple than this. I will have to make a decision on which route I want to take this brief down.

No comments:

Post a Comment