Sunday, 8 May 2011

Balm packaging

so far this is the background which I think worked the best, don't think it will be my final colour choice, but one of the man things which seems to take a long time in my projects are the colour choices so I will use this as a general idea of what I would want it to look like.

I am focussing on packaging 3 different Bach remedy Balms in each of these sets and therefore have decided to make the background colour on each of these balms using the colours I have chosen in the illustrations. So the set designs will look something like this.



I prefer the lid and wrap to use different colours for a change between each of the pots, and to display that they can all be used together. Since the space rovided in these balms is quite small. i would prefer to have large writing on the pots with just the quick general information and the box, packaging them all together holds all the necessary detail. Such as ingredients, application directions etc.



I found what each of the ports were for and stripped it down to a few words describing what each of the balms (in the all nighter remedy set) do. Since i wanted to focus on the natural side of these products I decided to apply the hand drawn style into the type, so that it works better with the outer packaging imagery. Since this could potentially have ended up looking a little messy, for each of the pots I used the same hand drawn type style, which also helps them work better as a set.
I changed the title, to make it appeal more to a younger audience, rather than just focusssing on the boring words, concentration, fatigue and confidence. I wanted to make the message bolder and changed it to Get it going, get charged and get a grip, which I think works quite well.

Ii placed all the type designs together and found they work really nicely in the wrap around. To display the flower side of the product I want to incorporate some of the flower designs I created and think the work quite nicely as a background pattern.
possible lid design

No comments:

Post a Comment