I contacted studio frith mainly based on thier inventive type faces. I thought they would be a great inspiration for my hand drawn type seeing how other typographers recreate existing type faces. I had difficulty finding a portfolio of thier work online, but kindly enough they sent me a pdf version of it. The interview is quite different from the others, which I thought was really useful and would be good to include in the design context so that it didn't end up getting too repetitive

I really like the layout of the type here. Quite similar to an eye chart. Since their work is really neat and crisp I want to focus only on the type and no illustration surrounding it. 

"we wanted to capture the ominous eeriness of the tale. We designed a typeface based on the engraved letterforms found on grave stones."
I thought this quote was perfect showing how a message can be portrayed through the type design.
"As a studio I think we find the ‘concept stage’ of a project most fun"
"The most difficult part always changes for each project, but that is what keeps it interesting!"
No comments:
Post a Comment