I focussed on the I love my bike project chris piascik did. Since there were a lot of photographs on it I decided to only use the illustration elements and the bold green colour he picked for it. Overall I am really happy with the out come. It isn't too similar to the book cover but uses the right elements to make it noticeable where the cover came from. For the 'blurb' of the dummy book cover sleeve. I have decided to include some information from articles that I researched to introduce it. And then included a little paragraph about the interviewee.
I think this is the strongest design so far, to make it more my own I changed the colours that were used on the type and brightened them up a little. The colours on the original are a little dull for my style and i want to make this a little more personal.
Again I focussed on one design aspect of his book cover and that was the line drawing of the building. This is my favourite part of the book design, so I thought it was fitting to include this. I decided to use the same style type design that he did and placed it all in a very similar layout. I think it works quite nicely.
I really like the type from this book cover and therefore decided to illustrate the dog which she used. I am happy with this outcome since it still uses the same layout which clare skeats used in her work and shows of her hand drawn type design. But still employs my style of illustration with it. Making it more personal to me a s well.
Not so sure about including the lines around the blurb, looks a little messy. I think I will go back to the original design. 
I decided to brighten the cover up a little and opted for a lighter blue. I think it works quite nicely and still manages to show off which book this design came from.


Testing how the colour co-ordinating could work. I think it looks better when they are co-ordinated in this way and think I will apply this across the range.
No comments:
Post a Comment