Thursday, 26 May 2011

cover design



I am really happy with this cover, I think it works really well with the title, since the contents of the overall design context book has a lot of different imagery. I think its better to keep a simple cover with bold type in this way (inspired by leo nickolls work)
I opted for the simple dictionary cover for studio frith, since thier work is quiteneat and simplistic I wanted to keep this on the cover. Due to lack of time I didn't manage to incorporate more of a design style to the back of the book. I do wish I had given myself more time for this. I also would have liked to have done something with the spine, to show the three sections of book cover design better. But overall I do think this concept is working and it manages to display a variety of different book cover designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment