Sunday, 8 May 2011

Different layout choice




Finally found a layout which I think works. this looks a lot more contemporary and allows the illustration and type to stand out with out the distraction from the border design I created previously. this also allows the image to overlap onto the lid.

I decided to keep the same colours for the illustrations that I had created in the beginning and change the colours on the sides to a bolder colour. this made the colour choices quite a lot easier, which I am very thankful for since I was struggling a lot with this. As a set i think they work really nicely. All have a very separate colour palette but since the layout and style of illustration is all the same I think they work quite well as a set.


included information for the product. It all fits in quite nicely which was a worry of mine. But overall I am happy with how this design has turned out.
i created a template of how a box design with a lid may look. But that means there is less of the purple colour shown so I think I prefer the previous packaging option. it also means the box needs to lie down on the long side, whereas on the shelf I would prefer the illustrations to be visible. therefore i don't think I will go in that direction for this design.

No comments:

Post a Comment