Sunday, 8 May 2011

Colour and layout testing


Template of final box, attempts at where to place the image. I like the idea of it being placed on the side although i still need to find a solution for the background colour.

Testing views of how each side will look. Am not to sure about this option. I may want the illustration to be more of a focus point than this.
I think I prefer the image being place don the white background rather than coloured since it distracts from the illustration. The background border style I created is a little awkward which I quite like, its not all symmetrical and it sticks to the style of design I want to portray in my work which is hand drawn.

I though about maybe placing this on the side corner similar to how I tested above but with the white bordered background. This doesn't seem to work at all, since it makes the layout a little awkward for the type to be placed in. I prefer the illustration to be placed on the front so there is space for other information etc. Since I decided to have all the main information on the outer packaging rather than each of the pots.

I played around with making the design a little more contemporary, keeping the border simple. I prefer the patterned one to this one although I would like to see how I could work with the packaging design to make it look more simple and contemporary since I am still a little unsure about how the patterned border is looking at the moment. I want to use hand drawn type as well and there could potentially end up being tooo many elements placed on the cover at the moment.Another attempt at placing the image on the side. Its still not working so I will scrap this idea now.
I played around with cutting off the image on the top. I think this works a lot better and makes the lid look more interesting rather than just leaving it plain. Although it doesn't seem like this would work with the border design I have at the moment.


Front view, with type design. Since I am going to end up working with quite a busy border I decided to insert the type design I wanted to use so that I get a better visual of how the final product will look.

I decided to go back to working with the patterned border design, and focus on how I want the colour to be displayed since I am still unsure about the one picked earlier. i quite like this colour choice, it all works together really nicley. Although I would prefer the border to be bolder.
This colour choice works really well but i am not sure about brown being such a dominent colour since I want the design to be quite bright, so it stands out and appeals more to the market.

Again i really like this colour choice but it doesn't stand out in the way I would like, also the illustration gets a little lost.
The pink is all wrong but it does brighten up the image
Another brown coloured design I think works really well. If I can't find a bright colour I think I may have to resort to one of the browns since they are the colours that seem to be working the best at the moment.
think I prefer the purple background from all the others although I still feel like this purple is a little dull I want to try and see if I can get a bolder colour than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment