I have decided to start off with creating the imagery for the 3 different sets of herbal remedies. This will be the rage for my final product. Showing how the herbal remedies work across a range of different purposes. And that the same style of illustration can be put across into different subject matter. therefore I decided to create a bird for fear of travel, pineapple for a diet and a coffee cup for the all nighter. Quite obvious symbols for each of the product.
I then may consider bringing this across into a larger range where each separate essence bottle is also created.
I want to keep the hand drawn style of the illustrations to focus on the natural side of the product and therefore have chosen to use live trace so all the little mistakes in the drawings are shown rather than correcting it all and making it look perfect.
I want to keep the hand drawn style of the illustrations to focus on the natural side of the product and therefore have chosen to use live trace so all the little mistakes in the drawings are shown rather than correcting it all and making it look perfect.
Colour has been quite a bit of a problem, I have played around with a lot of diferent colour possibilities and am really struggling to find one which I think works. So far these are the four colour options that I think are working. Although orginally I wanted to focus the set of three on the prime colours and work around this. Where one uses red + tints, another blue + tints and the last yellow + tints. I think i will try playing around with this a little more.
the obvious choice of primary colour on this product is yellow. This design was quite easy to fix. Hasn't caused as many problems as the coffee cup did. But this also means that I won't find a lot of variations that work, which could potentially end up being quite difficult when applying it to a background colour since its not very flexible.
Again an obvious choice of primary colour for the fear of travel box set is blue although this was easier than the coffee cup to sort out the colour variations of, it has still been difficult to get a shade which I think works. So far of all the different variations I have played around with these are the 4 that work the best.
i tweaked the colours a little bit more, and have finally got a colour choice which seems to be working. I am still not quite as happy with the coffee cup colour choice but will leave it so far. I am considering making the packaging have a background colour and therefore have played around with how the illustrations work on different background colours.
not bright enough, he background looks a little bland and isn't complimenting the illustration in the way I would have liked.
Too bright, and distracts from the illustration.
Illustration blends to much in the background.

tried working with the brightness of the illustration to make it stand out but again it just blends into the background.
The blue and yellow colours have become too pale.
look too much like a set, whereas they are meant to be separate sets with similar layout so the customer can tell they are all part of a similar herbal remedy. but they are used for completely different causes.
I tried to link the products a little with one colour running throughout. I quite like the coffee cup, but the others aren't working at all.

Again, here they are looing to bland and not standing out in the way I would have liked.
No comments:
Post a Comment