Thursday, 3 March 2011

anne klein - sketchbook






I wanted to incorporate the writing in the image, This is more my style of working since My type with image work is a little weak. so i want to bring my own style through in this logo design. Personally I don't think the idea of the chinese sculptures worked very well. It didn't look like a lion, and seemed a little random the concept of it didn't come through. So I decided to focus on creating a simple vector lion image.

I made this logo where the lion is looking up to the sky, trying to display strength and independence. Showing the girl power aspect of the label.
The solid colour of the design was a little overpowering so I tried filling in the spaces with a more sketchy design, which works better. i kept the anne klein writing bold, which doesn't really work with the illustration
It looks a lot nicer without the block colouring. Although I don't feel like this image is very strong. the neck looks a little awkward, and the mane looks more like a beard.
This illustration is a lot more successful. I also prefer the softer mane with a little less type which works better with the flow of it. Again The bold colour looks a little to harsh.
this design works a lot better, it also makes the lion look more feminine with flowing hair.
the bold type of anne klein works better in this design which helps make the title stand out more


Since the previous anne klein logo is a square I tried to work with this. But it didn;t work so i won;t be using these designs.


i vectorised some of the other images to see if they worked better. These designs focus on strength in the roar and they look more like a lioness. but i am not sure the face is working. An ugly roar doesn't seem like it would be popular on womans clothing.
I am quite happy with this logo. It looks quite nice on a t-shirt as well. especially placed on the side in this way. i could see this run along several fashion items, so i am quite happy with the outcome.

i tested the square logo on a t-shirt to see if i decided against this too quickly. But i definitely didn't I don't like it at all. It creates a weird shape and doesn't suit the design.

i experimented with the lion looking up design as well. But it doesn't work, will definitely be going with the other logo.

I decided to send this t-shirt off to print so I could get a better view of how it works.

I like this powerful colour choice, I will get it printed in this colour at http://www.streetshirts.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment