Wednesday, 16 March 2011

beer packaging






my initial plan for the tiger beer packaging is to design a wrap for the beer and keep the original beer packaging underneath so that its recognisable to the public. Therefore the wrap will have a japanese style writing on it to make it obvious of its far eastern origin. i looked at some typefaces that do this. Preferable i will hand draw it and vectorise it to make it look more like a japanese style type. But these are some good inspirations of what i want to create.




Instructions to print on tissue paper

Difficulty:
Moderate


    • 1

      Spray a light coating of spray adhesive on a sheet of printer paper.

    • 2

      Press the printer paper onto the piece of cardboard, then peel it off. Do this several times to reduce the amount of adhesive on the paper.

    • 3

      Cut the piece of tissue paper so it is the same size as the printer paper.

    • 4

      Press the tissue paper onto the printer paper, being careful to leave the tissue paper as smooth as possible.

    • 5

      Insert the printer paper with the adhered tissue paper into the printer and print your picture. Watch carefully for any jamming.

    • 6

      Peel the tissue paper off of the printer paper after the picture has dried thoroughly. Peel slowly to avoid tearing.


      I am thinking about using tissue paper for the beer wrap. And am looking into how I could print onto tissue paper, which doesn't use screen printing. I don't think this is a very good Idea for print, I would end up having to use the college printers and definitely don't think this would be allowed. It is also quite a risky way to print and probably won't have a high standard print out come.


      Design your own Rubber stamp

      http://www.speedystamps.co.uk/create-your-own-stamp/33/traditional-rubber-stamps.html


I quite like the rubber stamp idea, keeping it quite simple. Although I will have to look into how it will fit into the brief and how it will work with the imagery I have created for the card design, since the focus for the imagery are the japanese playing cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment