Tuesday, 29 March 2011

http://www.rishisodha.co.uk/



AWARDS
Adobe Design Achievement Awards (ADAA) – Semi Finalist 2010

CATEGORY
Print

CLIENT
D&AD Student Awards 2010 - Orion Books

DESIGN TEAM
Rishi Sodha (Creative Director, Designer & Web/Flash Coder)

Anton Webb (Augmented Reality Developer)

Love these book cover designs, doesn't follow the style I have been using in mine. But the simplicity is really intriguing. I think its an interesting approach and would love to create something like this as well. Have a wider range of designs in my portfolio. Showing that I can design covers for several different types of books and for different target markets.




AWARDS
ISTD Student Commendation & ISTD Membership

CATEGORY
Print

CLIENT
ISTD Student Awards 2010

ABOUT
The original brief was to explore the concept of 100 and its significance.

As such, in this project I decided to answer the question: If we are defined by the people we know, can you be defined by your relationships with 100 people? 100 people were each given 100 seconds to answer 3 simple questions about an anonymous person, referred to as X. These posters look at their answers & invite the viewer to make their own judgements of the anonymous subject.

This is a possible solution for my final design context book. Since I don't really work well with layout and book binding. I want to make something which is more my style of work. At the moment I am finding interviews the most interesting to read about book design and think there is a lot of information in a single interview than some of the other stuff I have been researching. Since the design context book is a design which we would want to buy. I am very tempted to only focus on interviews and certain quotes in the interviews. Displaying them as hand drawn type posters. I don't want this project to be a plain and boring book in the end. I would prefer it show my style of work and the contents being what I am interested in working towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment