Saturday, 5 March 2011

http://www.theartistandhismodel.com/

While i was researching different packaging designs for inspiration for my fleurons brief I came across these designs, which I thought were relevant to my sweet shop brief.

the packaging design below is a better example of what I initially intended to create for my sweet shop packaging design than the asda one posted earlier. The reverse out colouring looks really good, making the packaging feel less sketchy. If it was created with black writing onto a white background it could easily have looked a little like a sketch book. The idea of reversing it out makes the packaging look a lot more high end. the one thing that I am not so keen on with this packaging is the picture of the bag. It this is an idea I want to take further I would prefer to stick to just the text.

Cardboard packaging for bags, boots and accessories for Manual Co.



D&AD ASDA Lunchboxes
"Considering structure, graphics and materials I created a set of three lunchboxes for ASDA, the brief asked for them to be seperate
solutions, however still maintain a strong visual idenity throughtout the collection. The lunchboxes cover three distinctive ranges,
healthy, satisying and childrens. "

I also came across this packaging design which I thought was really clever and worth saving on my blog as something to reference back to. I like how the packaging opens up and becomes a plate. Very clever for on the go food. Each image of the plates work with the outside packaging, satisfying food = nice china plate, healthy lunch = picnic and childrens lunch = bucket, sand and spades. Making it work for a variety of target markets.

EatPastry is a vegan cookie dough designed by Colorado based Moxie Sozo.

I love this old fashioned vibe of packaging, the vintage style is what I am using as inspiration for my logo, therefore this is something I will have to bring across into my packaging design. Although looking at this I think I may reconsider my colour choices. I want the packaging design to look more sophisticated and am not sure if the pastel colours used are appropriate. I like the selection of browns used in this image it helps make the packaging look more contemporary as well. Good example of the style I want to create in my brief. Although I would like the packaging to be a little more simple than this as well.




“Over the past 9 months we have spent a lot of time with the employees, roaster, and fans of One Village Coffee. One of our goals was to package the sentiments of “a village” into a customer experience. The bag was printed in white + two colors with a matte finish and gloss trapping over the logo. Because the budget didn’t allow for more than one type of bag, a different label with a customized icon is used to identify each type of coffee.

Our hope is that the bag provides multiple touch points for customers who want to learn more about the company and get more involved. We are currently working on manifesting the “village” experience online, on university campuses, in grocery stores, and farmer’s markets.”

this is a really busy packaging design, which includes a lot of information, put together with hand drawn type. This is a style I am trying to focus on in several of my briefs and think its quite nice how it is used her, in a very overpowering way but still works really well. I am a little bit worried about overdoing the hand drawn type idea and overpowering a product with it. This design gives me a little reassurance since it works really well here. I think it all comes down to simple colour choices and using the write hand drawn styles together, and placing some original typefaces to bring it all together and help with the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment