Sunday, 6 March 2011

Olly Moss

This poster is really clever, it works both ways up and has a little bit of an underlying message to it. This one is even more minimalistic than the previous ones that I looked at. using only three solid shapes to create the image. The layout in this poster is quite powerful, almost like ur looking up at him. Showing his strength and presence in the movie. The colour choices are quite clever. Displaying the moon in the background shows that its set in the evening, making the red background work since the figure needed to be shown in black.
Here is a different approach to the taxi driver movie poster. What I like most about this one is how the tpye has been used quite cleverly. Showing a mirror image. Displaying the two sides to the main characters personality. The sleeves have the taxi driver pattern on them. I's really subtle and doesn't distract from the image, like the one previously did a little.
This poster uses the illusion trick of two faces looking at eachother + a vase. A clever approach with a little tweaking showing the face shape/silhouette of the characters in the movie. quite difficult to recognise if someone hasn't seen this illusion before.


This final movie poster is my favourite of the set. I think its a really clever choice of imagery. Displaying the bullets and how they are placed inside the gun. With one shot left. I like the image choice because it is not the obvious silhouette of a gun. And it also has a really nice layout to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment