Sunday, 6 March 2011

SARAH KING



My came across some of sarah kings work and told me to have a look at it, since she focusses on hand drawn type, and fills a whole page with it. I do really like her work especially this book cover, its quite clever and i think the blurb works really well with the front cover. Although it could possible end up being quite a difficult read, but then again it could be a fun read, moving the book around so you can see what its about.


This poster is really nice, it uses quite simple imagery and all the detail is put into the information so that it works all together as an image. Although none of the purple information stand out. You would have to look quite closely to see the opening times even though it is placed in the corner and made a little bigger than the other writing. The legibility as a poster doesn't work very well, but as an interesting image and a poster that people would keep its successful

These circular designs are quite interesting, where she has created a pattern with the type inside it. This could be an interesting approach to use in my sweet shop brief. I really like this swirl design. I could attempt to use this design to create the typical imagery of a sweet in a wrapper (sweet with a red swirl design)

I decided to include some of her more illustrative work because I think they are really fun and interesting. I really love her style of placing the type/information into the image rather than around so that it works as a whole. this is something I could look into, which would helo with my layout design, since this is one of my weakness and if I incorporate it all into one image it could look better than attempting a weak layout design.

No comments:

Post a Comment