Sunday, 6 March 2011

Potential colour changes


I decided to try out some different colour decisions as i am not quite sure about the previous one, it looks a little dull and i don't like the pastel pink with the blue. the pairing seems too obvious.

I decided to go on kuler and get some swatches of colour choices i liked. I typed in sweets/candy/treats, after looking through quite a few swatches I decided to test some of the colours out.

This swatch was quite successful there were quite a few variations to the logo which i thought worked. My only concern is if this colour choice works with the idea of a sweet shop.
so far i think this is the best variation, i haven't used all the colours provided, but they could become useful later on in my designs.
This colours swatch is a brighter version of what I had already attempted. Brighter pinks and a lot darker blue. There weren't very many successful variations here, because the first three colours are a little too similar, I think I may have to scrap this choice.

Again these colour variations worked quite nicely, they have a 'home sweet home' feel to it which I quite liked.

The dark grey border makes the logo look a lot more elegant here. I quite like the unusual colour choices. Pink has always got a reference to candy, and using more of a coral tone makes it look a lot more elegant
I think this colour choice is really successful, although I am a little worried about using it as this is a sweet shop company not a chocolate one, and this may display the wrong message.



I quite like this choice, using a darker pink and a brown cancels out the brightness of the other pink chosen, so it doesn't look too hippie.



No comments:

Post a Comment