Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Anne Klein

I came across this extract when i was searching for lion images

In Baguazhang there are eight different systems of fighting. Each has its own methods that make it unique. The Qian System, is best characterized as the most aggressive of the eight. The qian trigram, according to Chinese beliefs, is the pure yang trigram. This suggests the highest level of aggressive yang energy, which is obvious in the applications
and training methods of the qian system, in relation to all the other trigrams. The animal that represents this method is the lion. Powerful, aggressive, and unrelenting in attack are just a few of the characteristics of this particular method.

since the idea behind anne klein clothing is female power etc. i thought i might look into creating a different style lion image and focus on the chinese culture to help decide on style.

This is a hand drawn image of the lion, very detailed and a lot of pattern used. I think it may be interesting to try and simplify this style of image. Keep some of the swirls and detail but be specific and make the lines a bit thicker and bolder so they can still be seen on a smaller scale. Since it is a logo design I don't want the final outcome to be an illustration so I will need to simplify it down quite a bit, but not to much so it is appealing as a piece of design on clothing.

the side view of the chinese lion is quite interesting. The problem I may have with the chinese lions is that they look like masks when drawn front on. Maybe the side view would be better so the hair is more obvious and it gives more of a lion shape and quality.

Looking at the sculptured of the chinese lions made me think of finding other styles of lion scultures, since I need to simplifu the lion head down I thought sculptures may be helpful in doing this. Giving me ideas of the different ways the hair/mane of the lion can be displayed.
The sculpture above shows the lion roaring, this could be an interesting touch, placing a little more detail in the face to give it an angry/powerful expression. I like how it doesn't have a massive mane and therefore could be portrayed as a lioness.

I like the thick wispy style and how the lion has a very curved face, making it look quite elegant. Almost feminine (although it is a male) since the image of a lion is male and the clothing brand is female, I want to see how it would look if a lioness image is introduced. This could be quite tricky since it may not obviously display as a lion. Otherwise i want to make the image quite feminine, and use this kind of approach to creating the hair, where it looks groomed.

This image of the lion is really nic since it is looking upwards symbolising power. I will experiment with which direction the lion is looking and what works best.

No comments:

Post a Comment