Some interesting fold designs, focussing on origami which is an eastern concept.

Miki: Graphic origami is fun but we realised that it had lost the diversity of actual origami, where you can fold so many things from a single piece of paper. Then we came up with the idea for the “Funny Face Card,” which allows you to make numerous different faces depending on how you fold the sheet.
Incidentally, your works all seem to have a uniform kind of atmosphere. Are you interested in folk art?
Yosuke: Yes, we are greatly influenced by folk arts and folk toys. I think folk toys are great and affordable art objects created by anonymous craftsmen. There are so many fantastic designs in folk toys, you know! Every time I go to different places in Japan, I can’t resist looking for what’s available in the area. I first started with kites and Daruma dolls by wood workers and recently, I’m into collecting Kokeshi dolls.
No comments:
Post a Comment