Monday, 21 March 2011

Final box set design

For my last box set, I decided to use the fact that roald dahl is the no.1 story teller, I think this could work quite nicely for sales. I used the same design rule for this as I did in the book cover designs and now have to focus on making the colours work to help the title stand out a little bit more than the quote.


These are the three top colour combos I have so far. The title stands out from the background. Although I am not quite happy with them yet. I will have to see how they work with the book cover design to make a proper decision.

More colour testing, again the struggle of colour choices is taking up my time. But I want the colour to work with the books, since This is the strongest design of the three I have created. To take this brief further I want to create some promotional material for it, to do so I need to pick one cover design off the range to work with. So far I am leaning towards this set although I will have to get input from others before I go on with the promotion. In any case I need the box set to have a good colour combination to wrap it all up.

I am not too sure about any of these colour combinations, the black doesn't work since it is quite a dull colour, which I am trying to avoid using. The purple and green links too much to the charlie and the chocolate factory cover and none of the others which excludes them a little from the design set. If any I think the top one works the best so far.
Seeing the designs placed like this, I don't like the purple choice on the box set compared to the purple used in charlie and the chocolate factory. I don't think they are working together very well.
After a lot more playing around and hassle with colours, I got to this colour palette which works really nicely. It doesn't use colours from the book designs which ensures that it doesn't single any of them out. It uses bright vivid colours which is my main focus. And it works nicely with the colours on the book designs. Overall a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment